Thursday, October 23, 2008

friggin holidays

Original : Thursday, December 29, 2005

friggin holidays
It is so annoying to talk to your boss around the holidays. Especially when they are trying to show interest in your life. I appreciate the effort, but is anyone buying it?
My boss just came up to me and started to talk to me about baseball and how he used to play. But it seemed like he must of played back in the 50's, or maybe later.
I play baseball and I enjoy every minute of it. I enjoy my Rawlings 11 in. infielder's mitt, oiled to perfection, my Omaha Scandium bat, and playing with an official league baseball. Im just not buying it when my boss is trying to relate to me by speaking of sandlot games 50 years ago when they threw a potato at a broomstick.
"Oh I remember I was playing third and I had a sweet double play set up, but i moved to the right to step on third and broke the meniscus in my knee"
what im picturing: ( picture a sandlot in the 40s in ny)"Pitch it in der, pitch it in der, he ain't got nuttin!!!"
"Oh cram it up your pipe, Im gonna knock dis right up yer kisser"
"Ill bet you dollars to donuts you cant hit dat ding past the pitcher"
(pitcher) 'Aw shucks guys, lets just play"
hits the ball down the third base line, he gobbles it up tries to get the force at 3rd and slips.
"Oh your mother's ass!!!" cries in pain
ck

No comments: