Thursday, October 23, 2008

Barber Shop Blog 3

Original:Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Only Because It really happened
I have given up on my hair. I cut it to an inch on top and whatever a 3 is for the sides. I got the same barber as last time, and the first words out of his mouth, obviously not remembering me was, " how oldt are you?"
I knew right away what path we were on, and he proceeded to explain to me about his son in law, who is completely ' baldch ' but has an incredibly hairy chest. then he screamed " LIKE MONKEY "
Is this guy working his material on his customers? or am I just prone to hearing about his son in law? Then we took a break from the side splitting comedy when he told me that I should not worry about ' whats on my heachd ' but rather ' whats in my heachd.' I was hoping for some light piano music in the background.
I just wanted him to cut the hair and Id go on my merry way. I thought the torture was supposed to be dealing with my hair, not while getting it cut.
And it was the annoyance of him thinking that he was doing me a favor, by letting me in a big secret. It was almost as if he had no clue that I knew my hair was getting thinner. Leaning in close to me and breathing, saying, " Barber cant only be barber, must be....eh..........eh ( searching for word for about 30 seconds)...eh...artist"

ck

No comments: