Thursday, October 23, 2008

Barber Shop Blog 2

Original:Sunday, March 05, 2006
Another Haircut Blog
I know its overdone, but this one was real good.
I visited the Russians for my haircut again. Ive noticed that upon entering, they all stare at me, and it almost seems like they are anticipating me not being there for a haircut.
My previous visit involved my barber watching "Alexander" the movie, while cutting my hair. He told me the whole time about how everyone was gay back then, and then he told me how to say 'gay person' in Russian, all without me asking. He did a good job, but for my last visit he was not available.
The only available barber asked me if I wanted a haircut.....(pause)....... I was too tired to be sarcastic, and also realized that it may not be a good idea to ridicule someone that is going to have control of my appearance.
He didnt speak English well, but he knew the words and formulated sentences as much as he could. He spoke through slit eyes, and in a tone where he thought i was hiding something from him. He asked about my work, and I told him what I did, and for all intents and purposes I work in the aviation field. He proceeded to tell me about how his brother in law drove the airplane. ( animated by him making a motion resembling driving a bus )
At one point he paused and quietly said with a nod " So, you lose hair... " and in such a way as if he had just fucked a supermodel but the press cant know about it. He excitedly told me about another family member who was bald by 25 but apparantly had a lot of body hair. Then he said as if he was performing standup and laughing at his own joke, "He take shirt off at beach, he was hairy....LIKE MONKEY " As he delivered the punchline, his voice grew louder with a chuckle.
I could write a book on this place, but I wont, at least until they start assuming that Im there for a haircut and not anything else.
"its gold jerry!"
ck

No comments: