Thursday, October 23, 2008

4 Ways

Original:Wednesday, October 11, 2006
4 Ways
There is an immense amount of comedy in this world. Sometimes it's really hard to make something funny but normally there is always something funny going on.
One of the funniest moments I've had recently had me in shock. It was so funny, but beyond a level where I couldnt even get a "ha" to come out of my mouth. It was at a four way stop sign clusterfuck, and nobody had any clue whos turn it was. At these four way stops I am taking notes of who stopped when and who is next up. I am so obnoxious about it, that I keep driving right through if someone cuts my turn, so that the owness is on them to stop or veer or go right into me. This, though, is coming from the same person who refuses to send back a meal when its completely the wrong order.
I believe it was the person in front of me's turn to proceed, but for whatever reason they did not go. It looked like they were in the game, but they just didnt go. I saw the driver smoking a cigarette. The person to the left of us then decided to go and then the person in front of me decided to go. Both of the parties stopped and had that akward stop and go, almost as if the car is saying "oops ( stop-lurch) ooops (stop-lurch)" When the woman on the left decided to proceed through the intersection she motioned to the driver in front of me with the greatest gesture ever. No it was not the "finger" or "the bird" It was better.
She gestured as if she was smoking an imaginary cigarette, mockingly looking at the car's driver who was smoking. But she did it in such a way as if she was off broadway playing some 80 year old rich woman who smoked cigarettes out of a holder. She extended her arm out and kept it straight, bending only at the elbow back and forth bringing her hand to her mouth rapidly. She also leaned in the cars direction, doing over the lap of her passenger. If only I got that on tape.
ck

No comments: