Friday, November 21, 2008

11-21/Giant Disaster

I decided that putting up my NY Giants flag while at a red light was embarrassing. So I waited until it turned green, started driving, and then affixed it to the drivers side window. As I ordered the window to close, I let go of the flag hoping it would shut quickly. As it was sliding up, the speed of the car increased, and my brain cells continued to decrease.

Note for other non-engineers: The wind from driving will blow the flag off of the window if not closed. Quite a design flaw if you ask me.

As I tried to swerve back into my lane after attempting to save the flag from its dark fate, I could only imagine what happened behind me. Did it snap under the van that was following me? Did I cause an accident? Was I the laughing stock of Johnson Ave? I'm sure the answer is yes to at least one of those questions.

I didn't go back for it.
I might go look on my lunch break.
I'm not sure if I can bear to see its remains.

If I can't have it, my worse case scenario is that it is proudly flying atop a King Kullen shopping cart, driven by a newly proud Giants fan bum.

If that's the case, I would recommend he doesn't ride that cart down a hill.

ck

No comments: