Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11-18/"Daddy-No's"

Things not to do in Greenwich Village.

-Wait for someone over 10 minutes on the same street corner.

-Do not give directions to anyone. While standing next to the subway, a gentleman who was acting extra masculine, asked me where the subway was. After directing him the 5 feet to the entrance, he said "Thanks bro." Then he stopped and asked about the weather, then said, "Ok take it easy bro." Then he stopped again, but I got on a fake phone call really fast, and started yelling at the other party.

- Man appears with a single white rose wrapped in plastic behind his back. He's wearing a hoodie, and black jean jacket from the 90's. He walks past me and turns the corner - only to walk past again seconds later.

-Enter stage right : Large man with beard wearing a single jump suit fatigue - Man with handlebar mustache, tucked in t shirt to very tight white jeans wearing a harness and what appeared to be a whip - and tall man in overcoat and knapsack - They cross the street.

-Man with rose walks past, hood up this time, turns the corner, then reappears seconds later.

-Gentleman in Members only jacket and brown derby hat, starts complaining about the rain very loudly, throwing his arms around.

-Man with rose walks by again and turns the corner. This time he reappears with a woman(dressed like it at least) who resembles the prostitute from the "Life and Times of Tim." She/He is walking ahead of rose guy pretending not to know him (so it seems). I swear I hear him say "But I got you a flower!" He walks away with her, but she still doesn't act like she knows him.

-Update : People still go to packed bars. People still pay 7 dollars for a beer. People still wear tight shirts.

-In a bar where man in turtleneck sweater serves drinks. I am sweat-ing. The bar is named "Daddy-O's" I scared away a table of Cs because I threw in a dip.

- Friends talk about business meetings with Matt Leinart, agents, cool haircuts, and "closing deals." I mentioned I saw Pete Harnisch at Waldbaums once. (Never confirmed)

Home Sweet Home. Don't know where it is.

ck

No comments: