Sunday, January 4, 2009

01-06/The Week Ahead

Events this week include the Giants beating the Eagles, and the St Francis Prep class of 99 ten year reunion. Both will include drinking and crying, but that is just another weekend for me anyway.


I'm sure the best part of preparation for this week is the grooming for the reunion. For five straight days, the gym will be visited, and chicken and rice will all of a sudden taste deliciously necessary. Beware of the attack of the random situps and pushups.


Mark down how many times you spot these things to keep score.


People twirling expensive car keys in their hand during conversation.


"So.......What have you been up to?"


"Are you a pilot now?"...followed by..."Oh, you mean with the wands outside the plane?"


"Can I send you my resume?"


"Good times, we got to hang out again." People inputting phone numbers.


"The first German Club President to ever have two terms."


Watch for hookup attempts, where you will see desperate tries to get phone numbers from people you were not good enough for back then. I'm sure now with receding hairlines, and an extra 30 pounds, the chances are even better.

I look forward to watching all of these events, and desperately wish I had a film crew for evidence. I will hope that my old lunch lady who gave me free food will be serving the drinks this time around. For good measure, I may pretend to have asthma so I don't have to run for gym class.

ck

No comments: