Sunday, January 18, 2009

01-18/NFL Recap

The NFL season is on the cusp of its finale. The stage is set as the Arizona Cardinals face the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was very excited to see the seasoned Kurt Warner accept the NFC Championship trophy as the best team in the NIT. Oh boy I need a drink.

As it hits closer to home, I do offer my congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers and the fans that I hold close to my heart. I do recommend that if Big Ben needs some adventure or the "need for speed" he should maybe rent an RV and check out the Blue Ridge Mountains. I do thank him for offering the AFC Championship trophy to the troops overseas. I was hoping that he would end his acceptance of the trophy by standing at attention and saluting into the camera.

I'm sure that in actuality Ben is celebrating right now with a large bottle of Goose. Santonio Holmes is walking around with a bag of oregano to mess with people ( then leaving the celebration perhaps to tend to a bag of NOT oregano)

I'm sure Kurt Warner, on the other hand, will have no problem having his ginko biloba and driving his kids to school while preparing for the Superbowl. The biggest f'ing day in Sports and Sports eating, can't wait.

I wish that they would start off the Superbowl with something similar to the decadence of throwing out the first pitch. I suggest that maybe Larry Csonka or Bob Golic hikes a ceremonial first "snap" to Kurt Warner who hands off the ball to Marshall Faulk. Sadly Marshall Faulk might assume that he is actually in the game and try to run for 25 touchdowns, prompting FOX to cut to a "House" commercial.

Either way, I look forward to the game, as Fabe and I will have the whole Bay Terrace Loews theatre to ourselves seeing "Paul Blart Mall Cop," as we feed each other nachos and pretzel bites. I look forward to pre-gaming at Applebee's where I will have a few Coors light Big Brutuses with some boneless buffalo wings.

Afterwards we will go to an empty Outback and eat cheese fries until this NFL season disappears into the cool dark evening as we recall a year ago where we danced and danced and danced in the sweet moonlight - when life was great.

It was and always will be
real great. love.

ck

No comments: