Monday, June 1, 2009

06-01/Happy June

On Sunday we enjoyed a very nice party for Fabian's graduation. He was able to get through Kindergarten with flying colors, and I had empenadas. Was delicioso.

It was great to see old friends, catch up on what is going on in our lives, and talk about the weather. A great 2 hour long set was played by "The Pretenders." I didn't even know they were still around! Lots of plans were made to hang out in the future, where bunt cakes will be flying around like hockey pucks during the Ranger's warmups.

Thank goodness Steve wasn't any much later, otherwise he would have blown the surprise. I heard it didn't matter since Tursi was doing cartwheels on the front lawn to air dry his hair while Fabian pulled up.

I had never been in so many uncomfortable situations in my life, especially when I know everyone in the party. Thank goodness that Phil delivered the question of why my legs were not as hairy as the rest of me twice. I felt less awkward the first time I changed in a public pool's locker room and hid in between 2 rows of lockers after I saw a "man" for the first time.

I do need to talk about something serious though. I'm in the market for a new baseball bat. The one that I have is suitable to my needs at the moment, but I just want a bigger one because its new. I can't even hit with a bigger one.

ck

No comments: