Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12-9/Winter Meetings

Major League Baseball's winter meetings are being held this week in Las Vegas. With temperatures not rising past 68, it appears alot of the down time will have to spent indoors, or maybe actually doing work.
Dr Beeper, "Must be a nice change from dreary, old Manhattan."

I hope Scott Boras is racing Brian Cashman to the pool, Ray Ban Sunglasses on the neon green holder flapping around their necks. A shirtless Cashman with white suntan lotion on his nose, has his Corona beach towel around his shoulders ready to jump in the pool. How sad it will be when it it just too cold to enjoy. So they both will retire to their rooms to watch "Anchorman" on pay per view.

I wonder if behind the scenes Trevor Hoffman is making his own rendition of "Hoffman's 11," where he will steal money from the Bellagio and hold it ransom for a job.
Ricky Henderson would be Hoffman's Frank Catton (Bernie Mac). I know he would recreate the scene with Matt Damon perfectly where he says, "You want me to get up on the table and dance for you? Shine your shoes? Smile atchu?"

I think Josh Hamilton would make a good Rusty Ryan. Maybe he reminds me more of Tyler Durden. Oh, well.

John Kruk would have to be Rueben Tischkoff, only because in my mind I can see him acting that way on purpose with his chesthair out as a goof. "Get in the gaawwwddammm howwws."
adult swim's aqua teen hunger force rendition of Kruk.



Omar Vizquel looks like Livingston, the computer nerd. Omar seems like the type of guy that could give a shit about computers, though.

Don Cheadle's Basher should be played by Tim Meadows just because I think it would be funny.

I wonder if any business goes down at the strip clubs. I'd like to see Omar Minaya making a big deal while getting a lapdance. It would be great with his Latin flavor to say something dirty in Spanish and then look over at K-Rod in a compromising position, and says,
"#**#&#^%#%$^#%$^#%# !" and they both laugh.

K-Rod translation, " I hope they are even hotter at Gallager's!"

Omar translation "And I know the DJ!!!!"

ck

No comments: