Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12-3/Identity Theft

The CK rebirth is now officially imminent. I have had my account number stolen and money tampered with. As upsetting and annoying all of this is, it is actually quite simple. I was hoping for a long annoying conversation with my bank that I could write about. I expected to be sitting on the phone frustrated, hand on my chin, and blowing sighs of tension upward swishing the hair out of my face.

Sadly it was pretty quick and the investigation is underway.

I had imagined that it would have gone something like this....

"Um sir, this is Ubrokeaniway bank. How may I help you?"
Yes, hi, I checked my bank statement this morning and there appears to be a discrepancy.
Uh, sir what type of diseprancy would that be.

(In the background you hear) whats a distrepancy? - Oh I had that in high school.

Well there is a charge on my debit account that I didn't make.
Is it the one for Waldbaums for 250 dollars? No.
Is it the one at McDonalds for 23 dollars? No.
Pizza Hut 31 dollars? um, thinking thinking - no.
Uncle Jimmy's House of Yum Yums? no = I vaguely recall that eveni....
It must be this one for the Vitamin Shoppe. well...why would you think...
Oh it must be this one for the gym membership? hey I think we're getting off track here..
Hey Sherryl, this guy shops at Large and Larger Men's. I don't think the others need to know..,
We have you on conference call now, to um, better serve you and your problem. Ok, I guess that's ok...
Cheerleaders Monthly subscription? mine.
Cooking in the Nude subscription? mine too.
Men on Men workouts video? check. Hey here's and idea - why don't I just tell you what the charge is?

Unfortunately nothing funny happened.

ck

No comments: