Monday, December 1, 2008

12-1/Mid Shift Delusion

An ode to the Dive Bar

Smelling like a gutter
I turn around and shutter
a cougar next to me
all i wanted was to pee

Indoor smoking
i thought they were joking
your hoarse voice
i have only one choice

"Hey baby my name is Janet"
Oh God I'm in a panic
"I'm looking for a young man"
how long can I hide in the can

Run away from my 2 dollar Coors
A price no where else for sure
She's now looking at my friend
She yells " See how I can bend"

The locals don't care for our presence
I don't blame them they are peasants
They probably make more than me
But when I leave I can see

So Janet with the cackle
Good luck with your bait and tackle
Another nice man might pay your bill
He goes by the name Phil.

Midnights are awful. Look at this shit.

ck

No comments: